For many reasons people may need a certified divorce decree translation or a certified divorce certificate translation. Most people who require certified divorce decree translation services seek to apply for a marriage visa and remarry, specifically to a foreign national or an expatriate.
Low Price Divorce Decree Translation Services
When you order a certified divorce decree translation services from 24 Hour Translation, you get a promise. We will deliver a certified divorce decree translation that meets the requirements for USCIS, academic institutions, visa applications, foreign governments —and at the lowest price possible. Don’t believe it? Call us today for a free quote and you will be surprised with our low price, high quality translation and fast translation speeds.
Certified Translations in Dallas, Houston and Throughout the United States
Houston Certified Translations
Phone: (713) 589-3112
Dallas Certified Translations
Phone: (214) 550-0151
Fax: (281) 843-9196
E-Mail: [email protected]
Why Do I Need A Certified Divorce Decree Translation?
“If you were divorced outside of the United States, you are required to submit a certified divorce certificate translation or a certified divorce decree translation to prove that you are no longer married. For the government to validate these documents, the translation agency must be a recognized translation provider and include a legal certificate of translation accuracy that is notarized.”24 Hour Translation
Most countries today require that couples prove their eligibility to be remarried. If a couple is getting married and one member is divorced, the involved government usually requires proof that the divorce is valid and complies with the polygamy laws of the country. This requirement intends to prevent any person from being in more than one marriage at a time. However, if the divorce was granted in another country and if the divorce decree or divorce certificate is in another language, the document must be translated by a certified translation service. These documents usually must be accompanied by an affidavit of translation accuracy that is signed by the translator and notarized by a public notary. These documents, which must be issued by a recognized provider of certified divorce decree translation and certified divorce certificate translation, provide the evidence governments need to determine whether the divorce or annulment should be recognized.
Certified and Notarized Divorce Decree Translation and the Law
Laws pertaining to remarrying after a divorce differ by country and may even vary depending on the regional, state and local laws governing marriages and divorces. Further challenges can be presented when requirements are influenced by local customs, cultures and religious practices.
While there is lack of uniformity, state governments in North America and Europe usually recognize divorce decrees issued in foreign countries. This is often true even when the divorce is enacted through mail. Today, many countries allow their expatriates to obtain a divorce without being present in the country where they were married. This option is often more convenient and less costly than being physically present for the legal procedure. Generally, for a court in the United States to recognize a mail order divorce, the divorced person must either appear in person to the foreign court granting the divorce or sign a power of attorney authorizing the foreign court to make divorce-related decisions to end the marriage.
In many countries, for a new marriage to be recognized, you will need to complete the following:
- Initiate a marriage application.
- Provide a statement of sole responsibility.
- Obtain a copy of the original divorce decree or divorce certificate. If an original copy isn’t available, a certified copy is adequate.
- Authenticate the certified copy of the original divorce decree or divorce certificate by obtaining an apostille.
- Provide a certified and notarized divorce decree translation or notarized divorce certificate in the official language of the country where it will be presented so that the court can read it.
Why Choose 24 Hour Translation?
- Best Prices! 20-30% Lower Than The Competition!
- Free Notarization
- 100% Acceptance Rate
- 15 Years of Certified Translation Success
- Great Reviews! See Our Reviews.
- Fast completion. Translations Completed in Hours!
- Certified and Notarized in the United States
- 2 Day Postal Delivery Available With Tracking Within the U.S. For Only $10
- Professional Layout by Expert Certified Translators
- Available in both electronic/e-mail (pdf) and hard copy (postal) formats
CALL TOLL FREE: 866-371-4863
Email Us: [email protected]